Sunday, May 15, 2011

Past, Present, Future

Hello lovelies!
Happy Sunday.
I just came to a very large realization.
This time next Sunday, I'll be a senior in the class of 2012.
holy crap.
That's crazy.
To quote one of my favorite tv shows,
"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?" - Meredith Grey
And at this point in my life, it couldn't seem more true.
It seems like it was just yesterday I was the little girl standing in my ballarinia outfit in the kitchen for no reason

or hanging with my two best friends at Tiny Tots

 or the Princess all dressed up to go trick-or-treating with the redhaired batman
But that's not the case
because
in less than a month, I'll be 17.
In less than a week, I'll be a senior
Everyone says it's one of the most exciting times of you're life.
And I'll agree.
But it's also one of the scariest times I've ever faced.
 The future is a mystery.
And that's ok.
"I've heard that it's possible to grow up - I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way, we whisper secrets with our best friends in the dark, we look for comfort where we can find it, and we hope - against all logic, against all experience. Like children, we never give up hope..."- Meredith Grey
I like this quote.
I think it sums it all up perfectly.
So I may be going to a new stage in my life where a lot is unknown but at the end of the day,
I know I'll still be that little girl.

Talk to you soon,
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment