Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Learn not to Regret. Time is Fleeting.

"Judging someone is part of Human nature. Is it necessarily right? No, probably not. But learning to take what someone says about you and make yourself better because of it? Well that is what takes character and learning how to grow up. Until you can learn that people are going to criticise and you just have to learn to deal with it, for ever ignorant you will be."

At this very moment, this is my facebook status. I stand by what I said and no matter what I wont take it back. In the past week, I have
  1. Argued with my teacher in a right to prove my ideas. I may have gotten break detention and how I said things may not have been correct but I stand by what I said.
  2. I upset a friend by telling her that I didn't think what she was wearing matched. I feel bad that I upset her but I do not take back what I said and still think it's true.
  3. I got called out for being "judgemental" for saying that I found it weird that someone was wearing tights and sandals when it was 40 degrees out. Personally I thought it took guts and I say more power to the wearer for doing so. It was actually really pretty. I just found it odd with it being so cold to wear the sandals with tights. I don't take back what I said. I find it insulting that everyone else can state their opinions but not I.
When I was younger, I was use to being stepped on and told I was wrong. As I've gotten older, I've found that I can't just stand their and let my opinion go unsaid. Sure, how I say it may not be the best way. And sure, sometimes, I need to learn not to open my mouth. But I don't regret things I say. If I say them then I mean them. There is even more that I don't say that I want to. I've learned to hush my mouth when the time comes and when its time to open them. I've made mistakes, I'll be the first to say, no matter what words someone might put in my mouth, I am FAR from PERFECT! And I know this. I except my flaws. I live for me and I don't regret.
EVERYTHING! Happens for a REASON!

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." ~Oscar Wilde

Talk to you soon,
 Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment