Today, I got a new book. A Southern Belle Primer or Why Paris Hilton will never be a Kappa Kappa Gamma. It was quite amazing. It teaches you a few things everyone should know about being a Southern Belle. It really shows you what being a TRUE Southern Belle is.
Some of the things I was reminded of,
1. A Southern Mama, tells you instead of asking if you can.
2. Dressing up is something every Southern Lady should do.
3. Southern Belles are born not made.
4. No matter where you live or however long you've lived there, you are a native of where you were born.
5. "Precious" is the key word when spoken from a Southern Belle's lips. "Nice" well isnt as nice as you'd think.
6. Pearls = Love
7. No matter how old a Southern Belle gets their father is always Daddy.
8. Never wear white shoes before Easter or after Labor Day except is if it is a bride.
9. Never chew gum or smoke on the street.
10. Act helpless and confused when it's to your advantage; never let them know how clever and capable you really are...
There's more I could write but that's all I feel like for now.
"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born, it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. it's being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies and coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."
Talk to you soon,