Friday, June 14, 2013

Another Candle on the Cake

Hello Lovelies.
As y'all are reading this, I'm officially 19 years old.

Wow??
Like I'm legally an adult in the state of Alabama and on top of that have been an "adult" for a year now.
What?

And as I'm getting ready for another year of life, I've come to realize how much everything has changed.
This time a year ago I was fresh out of high school, ready to get to Tuscaloosa, planning on being a sorority, the whole nine yards.
And then life came and laughed in my face.
Year 18 was great one though.
I've grown up a lot.
And I still have a lot of growing to do.

For the first time in my life, this birthday just seems like another day.
Which sounds sad but at the same time I feel like life has taught be so much in this past year, I don't one special day to celebrate it.

Don't get me wrong, I still love cake and presents.
I am still a selfish teenager.
But I've come to realize I don't need this day to be all about me.
And I'm ok with that.

I don't know.
I guess I'm done rambling.

Happy Flag Day everyone and Happy Birthday to me.

Love y'all.

Talk to you soon,
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment