Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning?

On September 11, 2001 this was the view that greeted many Americans.
Today, it's been 10 years since that day.
Today many people are saying, where were you when you heard the news?
For many of my generation, we remember but we weren't old enough to really know at the time.
I was in 2nd Grade in Ms. Bailey's class.
The school was put under lock down and no one was told anything.
I remember all the teachers going around crying.
My Momma was the one who told me.
She was subbing that day for one of the 3rd grade teachers.
It was the day before my brother's 4th birthday.
I remember coming home and hearing how there were so many first aid tents set up and that they never got to be used because there wasn't anyone to be saved.
It's a day that we will never forget.
10 years later and today the memorial is finally done to honor all those amazing people.

It's a day that so many innocent people loss their lives all due to hatred.
Remember this day and remember everyone is a person and needs the respect they deserve.
Maybe if we can just do that then nothing like this will ever happen again.

You are all loved.
Don't forget that!

Talk to you soon,
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment