Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thank the Lord for Southern Football

Everyday I'm alive, I feel a privileged for being Southern (No offence to anyone else)
 and come September, I remember how lucky I am to have been raised on SEC football.
Now which SEC school, I'll be calling home to in a year from now, I'm still keeping under wrap but I'm stealing an article out of the latest Southern Living and sharing with you
The 10 Commandments of College Football Fandom
  1. Thou shalt wear team colors. But think twice before adorning yourself with body paint - you don't want to be the internet photo that goes viral.
  2. Thou shalt know - and sing - your team's fight song from beginning to end
  3. Thou shalt keep your language clean
  4. Thou shalt support the coach. Even when his calls are questionable.
  5. Thou shalt be respectful to visiting teams. Remember: Southern ladies and gentlemen never boo (unless its auburn but that's another story.)
  6. Thou shalt set up a tailgate no few than three hours before kickoff.
  7. Thou shalt theme your tailgate food around the visiting rival.
  8. Thou shalt stay through the fourth quarter, rain or shine.
  9. Thou shalt respect the solemnity of Game Day by planning weddings, births and other life events around the football schedule. (Just ask my momma about this one)
  10. Thou shalt not covet other teams' bowl games, national championships or Heisman Trophy wins. There's always next year.
Stay classy, ya'll.

Talk to you soon,
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment