Everyday I'm alive, I feel a privileged for being Southern (No offence to anyone else)
and come September, I remember how lucky I am to have been raised on SEC football.
Now which SEC school, I'll be calling home to in a year from now, I'm still keeping under wrap but I'm stealing an article out of the latest Southern Living and sharing with you
The 10 Commandments of College Football Fandom
- Thou shalt wear team colors. But think twice before adorning yourself with body paint - you don't want to be the internet photo that goes viral.
- Thou shalt know - and sing - your team's fight song from beginning to end
- Thou shalt keep your language clean
- Thou shalt support the coach. Even when his calls are questionable.
- Thou shalt be respectful to visiting teams. Remember: Southern ladies and gentlemen never boo (unless its auburn but that's another story.)
- Thou shalt set up a tailgate no few than three hours before kickoff.
- Thou shalt theme your tailgate food around the visiting rival.
- Thou shalt stay through the fourth quarter, rain or shine.
- Thou shalt respect the solemnity of Game Day by planning weddings, births and other life events around the football schedule. (Just ask my momma about this one)
- Thou shalt not covet other teams' bowl games, national championships or Heisman Trophy wins. There's always next year.
Talk to you soon,